Sunday, September 20, 2026

Yeah, Complicated

Now back in Rottenwood Depths, I started packing shit up and getting it out of the house for real.  By the time I got done, I had four storage units in the rental center.  Rented a truck for the in town hauling, and it was pricey.  Looked into long-haul costs and about died.  They would have crippled us.  So I made a command decision and bought a truck.  Even with license, insurance, and repairs, the thing cost 1/3 what renting would have.  What a fucking world.  (As an epilogue, it's now sitting at the farm in need of more repairs.  Some wee, gnawing beastie chewed through the fuel line.)

So I loaded the truck, and on 10-11 June (with no license, title, or insurance because there was no time to wait for them) I did a straight shot back to the farm.  Unloaded, cleaned some more, then went back to SLC on 16 June.  Piano movers came 17 June, and I got the truck licensed and insured 18 June (Woohoo!).

21-24 June: Time to move Boy.  Loaded his stuff and other stuff and did yet another straight through.  He followed in his vehicle with his luggage and the cats, making a stopover along the way.  Got to the farm, unloaded, did a last check-through for deados and bait stations, moved him in, straight back to SLC for the final load-out.

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment